How to Play Battle Sledges (and Recoup Your Energy!)
A Fun Game That Involves Sledges but Not Climbing Hills
When little legs get tired of pulling sledges up hills… take a breather and play a game of Battle Sledges!
A fun game that involves two sledges… but doesn’t involve hills! Think of it as a snowball dodgeball, with each sledge a snowball barricade!
Step 1: Start by sticking each sledge upright in the snow and about 20ft apart
Step 2: Draw a battle line down the middle.
Step 3: Divide the players into two teams, and choose a side for each team to play. Give each team 10 minutes to stock their barricades with as many snow balls as they can.
The Game Play
On commencement of the game, each team must hit the opposing team’s players with as many snowballs as possible, a direct hit equals 1 point.
The sledges can be used as a protective shield, but no crossing the battle line… you’re not allowed to raid the other team’s ammo stash!
- Faces and especially eyes (A) are off limits.
- Sneaky shots down the back of the neck (B) are allowed.
- The body area is the most padded (C) so don’t waste your ammo here.
- Legs are good (D) especially if they are wearing absorbent denim!
- Even better, aim for the top of the trousers (E).
Life is full of less obvious opportunities to get creative… such as inventing an impromptu game using the things around you!