How to Make Four Wonky Paper Dice (And Why You'd Want To)


In 5 Cool Hand Drawn Steps

playful parenting

Four flavours of dice, all charmingly wonky...
Four delightfully wonky paper dice
...and guaranteed to NOT roll off the table!
Four delightfully wonky paper dice

Stop the dice from rolling off the table while playing board games… make wonky paper dice!

Not only will they save you from picking dice off the floor… they are liberating to make.

However, for the 30% of the population who are perfectionists this project is NOT for you. For the other 70%… loosen up and embrace your wonky side!

Step by Step Guide

If you’d like printables for the four paper dice featured above, sign-up below and you’ll receive a download link.

How to make wonky paper dice: illustration 1

Step 1: Draw six FREEHAND squares with tabs (in the configuration shown above) onto paper or card.

Step 2: Cut around the outside of the squares and tabs… you don’t have to be accurate.

Step 3: Draw the numbers 1 to 6 onto the dice.. use your imagination, for example you could spell the numbers or draw objects!

How to make wonky paper dice: illustration 2

STEP4: Fold the tabs inwards, and then fold the sides inwards, until a cube shape is formed… remember, it’s supposed to be wonky, so don’t panic!

How to make wonky paper dice: illustration 3

Step 5: Finally, use sticky tape to loosely join the sides together… again, don’t fuss too much, if everything joins up perectly you’ve done something wrong!

Materials List

  1. A4 card (210gsm)
  2. Pencil and ruler
  3. Colouring pens or crayons
  4. Scissors or a craft knife
  5. That’s all!

Creative Takeaway

Sometimes it is good to be less precious.. even when you think precision is required, sometimes wonky is more charming!

Written & Created By

Owner, Brick on the Egg - Ideation, Design, Illustration & Animation | Maker, Best Selling Author



Good things start with a conversation, let's connect!

Get Your Free Printable


Get Your Free Printable Now!

Sign-up to the Creative Crafts newsletter

You'll be sent a link to a downloads page

You can unsubscribe at any time!